Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Contribution

Dear friends,

Sophie and I have received a modest bequest of $100 from the
Mosby Foundation! A volunteer named Sharon has been working on our application for some time. She wrote this afternoon that the foundation wishes they could have given more, but that they are overwhelmed with requests for animals in need. They want to give as many small gifts to as many families as possible in order to offer some help to everyone.

Of course I wrote back to tell Sharon that $100 is not at all insignificant - if it were, then we never would have gotten as far as we have with help from YOU, Sophie's fan club! We are grateful for gifts of any size, from kind words and hugs to eleventy billion dollars in cash :)

A quick update on chemo from last Wednesday's visit: Looking good! Sophie had some diarrhea after her dose of elspar, but we had some metronidazole on hand which took care of that. One of our roommate's mothers was in town this weekend, and Sophie loves cuddly company! Add to that the gorgeous weather in NYC, and it turned out to be a beautiful weekend.

I am working on a blog entry now about how Sophie's illness has affected my life as a runner—for those of you who do not know, I have been running in races for about a year and a half. It's an activity that is fraught with routines and planning, both of which are subject to disruptions in one's personal life. I don't want it to become a trite metaphor, but I do want to share my experiences, so stay tuned!

Much love and belly rubs,

Jenny & Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment